- kawałek drutu (najlepiej ok. 0,8mm)
- szczypce płaskie, okrągłe, nożyczki
- kawałek gumki do nawleczenia koralików
- koraliki, lub perełki
- dwie kulki zaciskowe na końce gumki
- a piece of wire (about 0,8mm is the best)
- flat and round pliers, scissors
- a piece of stretch for beads
- beads or pearls
- two tiny endings (clips) to hold the stretch
1. At the very beginning start with the name. Hold the ending of the wire with round pliers and make a loop around them. Because of that, your name would look nice - and at also it'll help us to tie the stretch on it.
2. The easiest way to make the name is to write it down on a piece of paper and trying to make the same one using our tools. Round elements are pretty easy to make on round pliers.
In case of any troubles with wire wrapping, the way I do it - you can try to put your wire on the table and wrap it ,,the flat way", holding it and pressing around the written name.
I wanted to make a short name - Ania - for my friend, who asked me to create something nice from her old and broken necklace.
While picking name, you can check out if it would be easy to make, if you can write it without picking up the pen from the paper. In the places, where you need to make double loop, use again round pliers to make your letter tighter. For example letters like ,,i" and ,,a" are always double-made. It doesn't bother while wearing the bracelet and it looks nice at the same time.
Also try to make the whole name in the same line, and in similar size. The small letter ,,a" you can easily make just wrapping the wire around one of the round endings of your pliers. It's also necessary to make a ending loop. This wire can be also easily cut with ordinary scissors.
3. When the name is ready, we take one of our tiny clasps for the stretch. We string it on the stretch, then make a knot (a several times- just for sure). Then use the flat pliers to clamp it. Cut the rest of the stretch. Then it's time to attach our pearls or beads (the lenght depends on your wrist size).
You can think about your own design with colors and beads size. Because of the stretch, the whole bracelet would have an adjustable size for every hand. Our wire name is made from silver wire, so it won't turn black after contact with water. And its size prevents damages.
4. We finish our bracelet the same way, as we started - with the tiny clasp around the stretch and making knots at the end of our name. Cut the rest of the stretch and it's ready! :-)
I hope you'll like the tutorial. And in case if you don't have possibility to make a similar one, feel free to check out my MALLY artshop, where you can order any name/text bracelet you like. :-)